Exploring Kiosk Wizard
Exploring Kiosk Wizard
The Kiosk Wizard is an interface that enables an administrator to create a multi app Kiosk. Knox Manage provides the Kiosk Wizard to help clients utilize Kiosk in a variety of work environments without needing to purchase an additional Kiosk launcher or develop one.
Using the Kiosk Wizard, you can deploy various types of applications in Kiosk mode. Moreover, Knox Manage provides diverse features, such as Bookmark and Clock, to be configured in devices using Kiosk mode.
The Kiosk Wizard composition is as follows.
- Kiosk Settings: Basic and advanced settings for customizing Kiosks
- Preview: Preview screen of the device in Kiosk mode
- Component: Utilities and applications that can be added
Kiosk components consist of Utility, Internal applications, Public applications, and Control applications. You can easily drag and drop components on the Preview screen for the customized Kiosk layout.
- Folder: Knox Manage applications can be managed with Folders.
- The name of folders can be modified. When there are applications in the folder, thumbnails of the applications are shown. Double click the folder to add, delete, or move the applications inside.
- Banner, Text, Calendar, and Clock: Drag and drop items on the preview screen, and configure details from the pop-up window.
- The Text component can be customized in the “Add Text” window, you can configure settings such as the Text content, ratio, and text style.
- The Banner component can be customized in the “Add Banner” window, you can configure settings such as the ratio, image, and URL.
- The Calendar component can be customized in the “add Calendar” window, you can configure settings such as the ratio, widget style, and text color.
- The Clock component can be customized in the “Add Clock” window, you can configure the widget style, text color, and time format.
- Bookmark: You can configure the bookmark to use a specific URL. You can configure the icon image of the bookmark, name, and URL.
- Dialer: The Dialer component is used for the call feature on the kiosk device.
- Content: The Content component is used so that device users can directly view content distributed from the admin console.
For Fully Managed devices (Android 9.0 Pie or higher), the viewer applications for the corresponding content must also be added to open the content.
- Applications: Choose applications to allow users to use in the Kiosk. You can search with application category such as Internal, Public and Control.
- Drag and drop the application to add to the preview screen. When you hover your mouse over applications, you can find app name, version, and package name.
Maximum length of URL in Bookmark, Text, and Banner is 300 characters including special characters.
Allowing device settings
You can allow users to change the kiosk device’s settings, such as Wi-Fi, Location, Bluetooth, Display, NFC, Lock Screen, Mobile Data, Volume, Device Maintenance, and Mobile Networks.
For tablets, the setting items, such as Bluetooth, NFC, Mobile Data, and Location, can be accessed even if the administrator has not allowed the Settings of the device to be changed. For tablet devices with Android 9.0 or a higher version, all items of settings cannot be accessible if the administrator has not allowed the Settings to the device.
Users can tap i in the bottom left corner of the Home screen, tap Settings in the Kiosk Launcher details pop-up window, and then open the Settings screen.
To allow users to change the kiosk device’s settings, follow the steps below:
- Click Select Settings in the top menu.
- Choose the settings that you wish to allow in the ”Device Settings” window.
- Click the Select all to select all settings. If you click individual setting, the Select all becomes disabled automatically.
- Any settings that are not supported by the device can’t be configured, even if you allow them.